Sunday, June 29, 2008

He is Faithful!

"He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God." (Romans 4:20)

Abraham through his display of faith brought glory to God. Here was a man ripe with old age not only still waiting but expecting the manifestation of a promise God had given him many years earlier. Everything was against him, yet he stood strong knowing God was not a liar and would perfect that which concerned him even if it meant doing something extraordinary in his life.

The challenge to us today is to bring glory to God through our example of faith. God has made us promises; we are in covenant with Him, yet we all too often doubt His provision for us by fearing He will not keep His promises for whatever reason.

Since "fear" is the opposite of "faith", do a check on your life and see if you are walking in expectation or walking in fear. Then go ahead and transform your "fear" into "faith."

"Perfect love casteth out fear" . . . if you love Him, you'll bring glory to Him by casting out fear and allowing faith to arise in your heart regardless what you're facing or what circumstances you find yourself in.

Trust the Lord. He is more than able to do that which He promised He would do. He is FAITHFUL!

Father, forgive my unbelief, forgive my fear, forgive my lack of trust! I long to glorify you through my faith—help thou my unbelief! Teach me how to cast out fear far from me and walk in faith in all which concerns you so you will be glorified through my life also. In my life, Lord, be glorified today! Amen!

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: