Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our Holy God

"Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy." (Psalm 99:9)

Our God is holy . . . worship Him!

This message remains the same throughout eternity. There is no changing, no modernizing, no updating, no altering its truth. God is holy and He deserves our worship!

Worship is born out of a love relationship. If we love Him, we will worship Him! Actually, our acts of love ARE worship! True worship takes place on the inside . . . in the heart or spirit of the worshipper. Worship pleasing to God must be offered with a pure heart, transparent and humble!

But, even more than that, worship is connected to Truth . . . the Truth of the gospel, the Truth about the sacrificial act of Jesus Christ and its necessity to purchase for us the right and ability to worship!

David understood the importance of worshiping in truth when he wrote, "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear (worship) your name" (Psalm 86:11).

Finally, worship must become a part of our daily lives because worship is a lifestyle! If we say we love Him, then we will worship Him in "spirit" and in "truth"!

Do you love Him? Then, "Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the Lord our God is holy." Worship Him! He is so worthy!

Father, I love You, I adore You, I praise You for You alone are Holy! Help me live according to Your Word; help me learn to live a lifestyle of Worship before You through my obedience to Your Word and through offering my praise and adoration to You with a clean and pure heart! Lord, I love You . . . I worship You, for You alone are Holy! Amen!

"Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore." (Psalm 86:11-12)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: