Tuesday, June 3, 2008

All About Covenant

"And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you." (Judges 2:1)

A covenant between God and man is a binding contract; it is a promise, a divine ordinance, an alliance, a pledge. When the Lord took us to be His peculiar people, it was never His intention to cast us away. Rather His intentions were that we should find Him unchangeably constant to us. He told us plainly that the covenant He entered into with us would NEVER be broken by Him . . . it was forever!

He loves us with an everlasting love . . . His mercies endure forever . . . He's the same yesterday, today, and forever . . . in Him there is no variableness or changing . . . He will never leave us nor forsake us . . . His love toward us is perfect!

When you feel all alone, when you're going through that that valley, when the clouds seem to engulf you, remember His Words . . . "I will never break My covenant with you."

We serve an awesome God, for sure!

Many times, Lord, I find myself questioning Your love for me when I'm going through a deep valley and when circumstances in life seem to overwhelm me. Help me remember that You are the One on Whom I can depend regardless of any situation or circumstance I may face. Finally, Lord, thank You for Your ageless and unchangeable promise that You will never break Your covenant with me! Amen and Amen!

"The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day." (Deuteronomy 5:3)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Jan - thanks for the reminder, given the valleys we all go through regularly!

John Hoben
Brockport, NY