Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Perilous Times

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come." (2 Timothy 3:1)

Today's verse speaks for itself! All one has to do is read through the headlines to understand that we are living in perilous times.

Christians On Trail in Algeria for Spreading Faith
Gay Marriage Legalized
Oil Prices Hit All-Time High Above $142
North Pole May Be Ice Free for First Time
AIDS Growing Global Disaster
Teen Arrested for Murdering Baby in School Bathroom
Presbyterians Wrangle Over Sodomite Clergy
Honey Bees Mystery Die Off Will Lead to Higher Food Prices
Demand at US Food Banks Skyrocket

. . . and the list goes on!

These are indeed "perilous times" in which we live, there's no doubt. We have no guarantee of tomorrow or even the next hour, yet so many of us live a less-than-committed life to the Lord assuming that we can always press in "tomorrow".

It should become increasingly apparent to all of us that time is short and that we are living in the times which were recorded by the prophets of old, the last days. Whether the Lord will return tomorrow or next year or even ten years from now doesn't give anyone the right to take chances by living a less-than-committed life. We must be ready!

Let's search our hearts right now . . . am I holding onto something which hinders my walk with God? Am I actively sharing Jesus with my lifestyle, my behavior, as well as my verbal witness? Is there anything I could be doing that I am currently not doing which would make me a more effective Christian?

Dear friends, allow the Spirit of God to stir your heart with the need for a stronger commitment to Him. Feel the urgency of the hour in which we live and share the love of Christ with everyone . . . holding nothing back! Love others enough to let them know that the Lord loves them and He's waiting with arms open wide to receive them unto Himself . . . but do it before it's too late! There's an urgency . . . feel it, act on it, pursue your call to share God with everyone you meet. Today, not tomorrow or next week, today is the day of salvation; you never know who will answer that call because you loved them enough to share!

Father, I feel that urgency stirring deep within my heart and I know there's much that I can do. First, however, I need to recommit my life to you, submitting my heart, mind, and soul to You, forsaking all others and acknowledging You as Lord and Master Controller of every area of my life. Also, Lord, I pray that You show me how to love everyone enough to share the good news of Your great salvation with them. Father, give us the necessary time to reach our loved ones as well as those we don't know, teaching them just how urgent this hour truly is. Finally, Lord, I pray that You would help us all to see Your hand move in the events we see taking place in our world and discerning the times in which we live and realize Your great peace in the midst of trouble. Father, I love You . . . more than anything I love You! Amen and Amen!

"O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD." (Psalm 31:23-24)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved


 

No comments: