Sunday, June 15, 2008

No Small Miracle

"Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them." (Psalm 89:9)

Such awesome power that when the waves of the sea rise up, He can still them! No small miracle, for who else can claim to control even the winds and the rains? None . . . no one but our God!

But the waves and rage of the seas are not the only tumults He calms by the mere raising His hand. As you go through difficult times in your life, it is His arm that stills the waves of depression, poverty, sickness, disappointment and disillusionment. Take a few moments and meditate on today's verse. Our God is so mighty! He's so powerful! He loves us so much!

Quit trying to control your own circumstances. Rather, allow God to intervene; allow Him to still the hand of the enemy, to calm the storm, the winds and the rains! The Lord is with you, waiting to lead you through the storm. Let Him have His way and trust Him rule your raging seas!

Father, I face waves in my life of various magnitudes. I pray, though, Lord, that I would be quicker to recognize the waves and the roars of the seas as a means to inch my way in closer to You. Help me, Lord, to quit trying to control my circumstances and to meet my own needs! Teach me to wait on You by letting go and once again giving You the place of Lord of my life! Father, all I need is You . . . all I want is You! Amen!

"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?" (Mark 4:39-41)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: