Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Knowing God’s Will For Your Life

"Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

If you want to know what the will of God for your life is, this verse outlines it perfectly . . . prayer and thanksgiving are not only isolated words of petition and gratefulness to the Lord, they are a lifestyle -- they are the will of God for your life!

This verse has always been one to raise the defense mechanism in the heart of the believer . . . "How can I pray without ceasing? I have work to do and I have my family and other things to tend to!" But prayer is a lifestyle . . . being in constant communion with the Lord, aware of His presence, talking with Him, and loving Him moment by moment in our innermost being!

Much the same with thanksgiving . . . we are admonished to live a life of gratitude and praise to the Lord for His mercy and His goodness. This is not to say there shouldn't be special times when we set out to pray and make our petitions known to God, but offering ourselves as a sacrifice holy and acceptable to Him certainly includes living a lifestyle of prayer and thanksgiving!

So, pray without ceasing, and in every thing, and at all times live a life of thanksgiving and praise! He is so worthy!

Father in heaven, although I set my petitions before you when I pray, Lord help me remember to keep my mind stayed on you, to commune with you day by day, hour by hour, moment by moment! What a priceless privilege I have found in living a life of thanksgiving to You, for You are worthy of my total praise . . . You are worthy of all the glory . . . You are worthy! Amen.

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." (Luke 21:36)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: