Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Turn On the Light

"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:" (Ephesians 5:8)

"Ye were sometimes darkness." What a beautiful expression of the contrast between our past and our present! All of us were in darkness before we came to know the Lord! We walked in darkness . . . there was no light in us!

"But now are ye light in the Lord." A reminder that in and of ourselves there is no light, any light that we have is in the Lord!

"Walk as children of light." The point of the verse . . . we once were in darkness, now we're in light. So, "Walk as children of light." The responsibility of the light bearer is to make sure the light always shines!

We cannot walk as children of light if we're not following in His footsteps, if we're not on the straight and narrow path. Our will must be His will . . . our desires, His desires!

Is your light shining brightly or is it dimmed by a lifestyle that does not glorify the Lord? It is so important to "walk the walk" and not just "talk the talk"! Walk as children of light . . . let your light shine . . . you will ultimately glorify the Lord and draw others to Him!

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:32)

Father, the darkness of my past is something I never want to return to . . . I'm walking in Your light now and that's what I'm determined to do for the rest of my life! Lord, help me to let my light shine . . . not only just a little bit, but brighter and brighter as the days go on. Lord I long to glorify You in my life and through my life . . . I love You . . . shine through me! Amen!

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: