Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Great Cover-Up

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." (Isaiah 61:10)

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for . . . a lot to rejoice about . . . a lot to make us joyful! When we think of what has been provided for us, the garments and clothing that have been purchased for us; we should be overwhelmed with the fragrance of His love for us!

Have you ever considered why He "clothes" us? Clothing is put on for all to see . . . garments cover up our imperfections and physical flaws!

By clothing us with the garments of salvation . . . when He looks upon us, all He sees is that we're clothed with salvation! We're clothed with the Blood of the Lamb that bought us our salvation! The Accuser of the Brethren may attempt to accuse us of past sins, but when the Father looks upon us all He sees is that garment of salvation . . . the Accuser fails. The world sees a saved person . . . the new creation! The old man is dead and unseen by anyone because we're wearing our garment of salvation!

By covering us with the robe of righteousness . . . we bear a close resemblance to the Righteous One himself, Jesus Christ! A covenant has been cut and an exchange has taken place . . . He took our sins, we received His righteousness.

The garments with which we have been clothed are durable clothing, able to withstand the fiery darts of the enemy, able to withstand any storm, able to protect us from the heat of the day and the cool of the evening . . . these garments will never, ever grow old or wear out!

This by itself should be enough to make us all greatly rejoice and to be joyful in Him . . . but as a further explanation of His love toward us, He affirms that He has prepared Himself as our Bridegroom, and we, His bride, are humbly adorned with the brilliant, magnificent jewels of God's amazing grace!

Oh Lord, I do rejoice . . . I am joyful! What more could I possibly want out of life than to be adorned with Your robe of righteousness and be clothed with the garments of salvation! What a privilege to wear the clothing of Heavenly Royalty! Father, help me to remember that the garments with which You have adorned me were paid for with an awesome price and given to me as a gift to be worn for all the world to see! I pray that my life would always point to You as . . .

King of all kings and Lord of all lords
The One and Only Most High God
Ruler of the Universe
The Only Door to Eternal Life
The Resurrected Victor
The Omnipotent Ruler Over All
The Eternal One!

Lord, I am so overwhelmed by You and Who You are . . . I rejoice that I am found worthy to be Your child! Lord, I love you more every day! Amen!

"Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness." (2 Chronicles 6:41)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved


 

No comments: