Friday, May 2, 2008

Peace: A Precious Gift

"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm." (Mark 4:39)

Peace . . . a precious gift! We all desire it, yet we all find ourselves in the midst of storms, sometimes one right after the other! But have you noticed that when the Master speaks into your situation, peace is not far off?

The disciples were busy, frantically fighting the storm while the precious Saviour slept peacefully. As a matter of fact, it wasn't until the disciples woke Him up being overcome with fear and doubt and uncertainty about the future that He arose and spoke "Peace" into the situation! This is a wonderful example of how we spend our lives. We are at rest with the Saviour during the "calm" . . . yet when a storm arises we struggle and struggle trying to control the situation ourselves. Yet every time, without fail, when we finally run to Him asking for intervention, He speaks "Peace" and the storm comes under His control and we're once again living in the PEACE that only He can give!

Are you walking through a storm right now? Have you struggled long enough on your own to control the situation? It's time to call upon the "Peace Speaker" and ask Him to take control. Then, submit to His will in the situation and you will find that long, sought-after PEACE!

Father, forgive me for the struggles I endure on my own because of my stubbornness. Help me to be quick to seek Your face when the storm arises . . . help me to find PEACE early rather than waiting until the storm seems to overwhelm me. Father, I want to live a disciplined life before you even when the storm clouds aren't in sight . . . I need to know You more, I need to love You more! You're the greatest thing in all my life . . . You are my all in all! Amen!

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)


 

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: