Monday, May 26, 2008

Direct Opposites

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

Turn on the television and what do you hear? Wars and rumors of wars! Fear, the enemy of our faith, is knocking on the door of your heart in its attempt to kill, steal, and destroy your confidence in Your protection!

Recently, I've had an opportunity to learn first-hand the difference between fear and faith. They are direct opposites . . . one cannot live in fear and in faith at the same time, just as it cannot be night and day at the same time. You either live and move and have your being in fear or in faith!

Fear erodes the foundation of faith, quickly and thoroughly if not soon recognized and dealt with. During these uncertain times, it would be so easy for us to fall prey to fear, causing our focus to turn from God to the uncertainty of the future. But . . . our future IS certain, whether in the flesh or in the spirit! We KNOW whom we have believed and are persuaded that He is able to keep us, in peace and in war, in sickness and in health, in plenty or in want. God is fully able!

So, it is easy to understand why the prophet Isaiah wrote as led by the Spirit of God in Isaiah 41:10-13, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

Dear friends . . . don't allow the enemy to cause your heart to be filled with fear in the time of war. Let peace reign on the throne of your heart . . . the peace that passes all understanding, the peace that will tell of God's great goodness and tender mercy even in this hour of war. You are the bearers of peace . . . the Peacemaker has made His abode in you. Allow the peace that is found securely in the presence of the King to comfort you today and every day!

Father, many around me are fearing what tomorrow may bring. The threats of evil men have caused many to fear the unknown. Help me, Lord, to remain firm in faith, believing and knowing that You are indeed my help, my protector, my comfort, and my peace. Father, as I cling to the hope I have found in You, help me to share the Source of my hope with those whose hearts have been gripped with fear. Use me, Lord, to be an instrument of Your peace in the earth today. In Jesus' precious name, amen and amen!

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." (Isaiah 41:13)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: