Friday, May 23, 2008

A Sing in the Night

"Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." (Psalm 42:8)

His lovingkindness is evident everywhere we look, every time of the day! But so often we allow our circumstances to tell us otherwise! We go through situations where we don't "feel" His lovingkindness surrounding us and going with us, but that never changes the fact that it does.

Our vision of His love and work in our lives is so limited . . . we can't see beyond our own "world".

Because of His lovingkindness toward us all the day long, His song should be with us during the night. Not just the evening of the day, but when our circumstances hurl us into a time of darkness . . . a "night" so to speak.

We are in the midst of a "night" in this world today . . . wars, rumors of wars, terrorism, etc. But it is during this time . . . during the night . . . that His song remains a constant reminder of His love and great mercy toward us!

As we pray and seek His face during the day, during the night, in the good times and in the hard times, the evidence of His lovingkindness toward us will become remarkably visible and the song we sing to Him in the night will ring loud and clear!

Lord, teach me to be aware of Your lovingkindness in every area of my life, at all times, and in all things. As I fix my gaze on You, let your song be ever in my heart and my prayer continually offered to You, oh God of my life. Why You love me so, Lord, I shall never know, but I'm so thankful that You do for Your lovingkindness is greater than life itself! Amen and Amen!

"Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name." (Psalm 63:3-4)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: