Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Obedience Called Worship

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)

Those of us who are parents may have a bit of insight into today's verse that may be helpful to those who don't yet have "little blessings"! There is hardly anything more pleasing than to tell a youngster to do something and to have them obey without question. Very often, if you ask the child why he did what he did, his answer would be, "Because I love you!"

Have you even given thought to how your obedience pleases the Father? Obedience is an act of love . . . it's an act of submission . . . it's an act of humility! An obedient child doesn't try to find the "easy way out", or attempt to "cut corners", or even to "procrastinate".

Abraham was given a task to do . . . his obedience was called "worship" (see Genesis 22:5) . . . "worship" is the purest expression of love. Do you love Him today? "If you love me, keep my commandments"!

Father, I love You, yet so often I fall short . . . not taking care to be obedient to Your commands. Help me, Father, to walk in Your ways, to follow in Your path, to obey Your Word! Help me to express my love to You through my obedience. You are worthy of all my love . . . You are worthy of my obedience! I love you, Lord! Amen!

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." (John 14:21)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: