Monday, May 12, 2008

In Every Thing

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

It is ALWAYS the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning us that we give thanks in every thing! We don't have to wait for Thanksgiving or any special holiday to make a way for us to "Give Thanks!"

We are so often reminded that we are "kings and priests" . . . "ambassadors" . . . "joint heirs" . . . and so on. These are all true and accurately assess the position of the believer. There is a balance, however, that is hard to maintain and yet so necessary. It is called "Humility"! Humility is a virtue that expresses itself in thankfulness, lowliness, and servitude! The will of God for us is to walk with the assurance of our position in Christ with humility of heart . . . a rare mixture that will produce a "peculiar" creature indeed! Perhaps that's why we're referred to as a "peculiar people"!

While maintaining your busy schedule, be sure to keep in mind that no gift will ever be received as well as that which is given with a humble, thankful heart. Remember that the greatest possible gift you could ever give is love. It is more costly than gold, more precious than diamonds, and more meaningful than anything money could buy!

Be a bearer of love, giving thanks in all things . . . this truly is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you! Give Thanks!

Lord, I have a song on my heart that expresses my prayer today . . . "Give thanks with a grateful heart. Give thanks to the Holy One. Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son! I give thanks!" And, Lord, when I am weak, because of You I can be strong . . . when I am poor, because of You I am rich . . . all because of what You've done for me . . . and I give thanks to You! With a humble heart I bow before You and give thanks . . . not only because it's your will, but because it is my heart's cry today to let you know how grateful I am! Amen!

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever." (1 Chronicles 16:34)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: