Sunday, May 4, 2008

Stepping It Up With Praise

"I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations." (Psalm 89:1)

Praise . . . not much will put a song in your heart and a spring in your step like praising the Lord all the day long!

A song stirring in your heart can dictate the mood of your day when it's a song of praise that's welling up within you! You can be working in the worst of circumstances, but no one can take that song out of your heart! You can be facing the worst circumstances in life, but when there's a song of praise in your heart, you can face anything!

Nehemiah said, "The joy of the Lord is my strength." Thankfully, praise keeps us in touch with the joy of the Lord, which continually gives us the strength we need to face our problems.

What better way to praise the Lord than to sing of His mercies! After all, it is His mercy that bought our deliverance from the bondage of sin and death. It is His mercy that gives us hope!

And, finally, what better way to give hope to your children and your children's children than to teach them to sing of the mercies of the Lord . . . and to make known His faithfulness to ALL generations!

Father, my mind is bombarded with thoughts that would consume me and silence the song of praise in my heart! Help me to recognize those attacks quickly and to take hold of the reins of my mind and cast down all thoughts that prevent me from singing of your mercies continually! Father, teach me to keep that fire burning – the fire that consumes all the wood, hay and stubble but that purifies all that is precious to you! Let a new song spring forth from my heart declaring your mercies and proclaiming your goodness to all generations! I love You, Lord, and I give you all my Praise! Amen!

"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased." (Hebrews 13:15-16)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: