Thursday, September 10, 2009

Who Could Ask For Anything More?

A few years ago, there was a car manufacturer who was easily recognized by a commercial jingle which went like this, "Who could ask for anything more?" and went on to say its name. Essentially that's what today's verse is saying to us: "The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" (Psalm 118:6)

With the Lord on our side, who could ask for anything more? We have nothing to fear.

The verse goes on to say, "What can man do unto me?" The answer is simple: NOTHING! Man can do nothing that the Lord does not allow. There's no sense to get upset with people for their wrongs against you. If you're a child of God, He's is watching over you and protecting you always –He never takes His eyes off you. In fact, Isaiah 49:16 says, "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." In other words, you are more than just tattooed in the palms of His hands; you are engraved and cannot be erased. He cares so specifically for you that He has your name before Him at all times.

The next time you find yourself in a situation where fear comes knocking at your door because of what you perceive man can do or has done against you, just remember that NOTHING can happen to you that God does not allow, and He will always make a way for you in the midst of that problem IF (and only IF) you are His child, called by His name.

What do we have to fear? Nothing, for the Lord is on our side!

Father, so often I lose sight of the fact that You love me, that You are on my side, and that nothing can happen to me You are not aware of. Help me, Lord, to draw on your strength, to stand in the midst of persecution, and to represent You well in the midst of conflict. Help me to not allow fear to overwhelm me. You are in control. Amen.

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: