Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blind Faith

Obedience is born out of faith. Abraham was one who exhibited great faith in God's ability to lead him in order for him to take a journey to somewhere of which he had no knowledge. He obeyed with blind faith.

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went." (Hebrews 11:8)

Abraham's relationship with the Lord was an intimate one; he fully trusted God to give him direction in his life. This relationship wasn't inherited; it was one which grew exactly the same as ours. Abraham didn't just one day wake up and have giant faith; he responded to the call of God, he determined he would trust God, and he found God faithful in everything He had promised.

As we step out in faith believing God to lead us, to guide us, to care for us, to shelter us, to provide for us, etc, we grow in faith, finding it easier each time to reach out in faith believing God. Faith will soon become a way of life.

Faith grows but it starts with simple obedience. No matter how ridiculous it sounds, no matter how silly it seems, we must be obedient to the leading of God. He desires to bless us and our obedience will open the doors to His abundant blessings!

He did it for Abraham and countless others; He will do it for you as well.

Father, I want so much to be obedient to your leading in my life. I want to be obedient . . . period! Lord, I am amazed when I read about Abraham and others and their great faith and how You used them so mightily to perform Your will on this earth. Use me, Lord, as I learn to heed Your call and follow Your voice. Help me surrender my will to Your will. It is my prayer Your will be done first and foremost in my life and in my family, Lord. I love You and I want to please you through my obedience. Amen.

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: