Thursday, February 26, 2009

Your All in All

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart . . ." (Proverbs 3:5)

Trust . . . a small word with a big meaning!

A child finds it so easy to trust his parents for they have given him everything he needs to sustain him in life plus they have given him unconditional love and affection.

Our level of trust is solely dependent upon our level of intimacy and communion with the Lord. Once we have realized that He has given us everything we need to sustain us . . . once we have found Him to be the source of unconditional love and affection, then our level of trust will exceed and surpass any doubt or fear in the midst of life's sorrows and disappointments.

Press in to Him today and begin to see Him as the source of everything you need to sustain you in life, including the love and affection only a Father can give to His children!

If you expect people to meet your needs, you will be sorely disappointed; however, if you allow Abba Father to be your All in All, trust in the Lord will not only be easy, but constant.

Abba, Father, there are times I find it very hard to trust You as my total source. Draw me close and hold me so I may find comfort and sweet communion with You. It is there that my trust will develop into total confidence in Your ability to care for me even in the midst of life's biggest disappointments. Just to be close to You, that's all I desire ... draw me close to You! In Jesus' Name, Amen!

"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness." (Psalm 31:1)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: