Monday, February 2, 2009

Is God Really For Us?

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

"If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Is God really for us? How many times have we asked ourselves that question when things don't go our way or when we see things happen that we don't understand, especially after we've prayed about them?

The fact is, God is not only FOR us, He's reconciled TO us. He's not against us, He's in covenant WITH us, He's working FOR us on our behalf. All that He is and all that He has; all that He does and all that He plans to do is for us! Even when it seems that His acts are against us, you can be assured that they are for us.

So, if all this is true, who can really be against us? Who can stand in the face of the Almighty God and dare to challenge Him in His dealing with us? Nothing . . . no one . . . can prevail against Him regardless of how great, strong, malicious, or evil they appear to be.

Who dares to fight against us while God Himself is fighting for us? The enemy may try his hardest . . . do his worst in this world to undermine the power of God, but we must remember that he is conquered . . . principalities and powers are spoiled and disarmed, and triumphed over in the Cross of Christ! The enemy is a defeated foe and the victory is won! It's already done!

If God is for us . . . and He is . . . no one or nothing can stand against us; God is in control.

Father, forgive me for allowing fear of what the enemy can do to me take my focus off what You have already done! Thank you, Lord, for Your sacrifice on the cross, for conquering principalities and powers, for defeating the enemy and winning the victory for us! Help me remember, Lord, that You are for me and NOTHING can stand against me because You are in control! Hallelujah!

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
(Isaiah 41:10)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

Jan, this is so true. Lately God has been showing me that I sometimes try to fight battles, mainly on behalf of others, that are not mine to fight. In doing this I expose my lack of trust in His power. I need to remind myself who is really in charge of the fight. I realize that's a little different perspective than what you intended, but it applies to my trusting His protection for others, too. Thanks for this powerful reminder.