Monday, February 9, 2009

Show and Tell

"I thought it good to shew the signs and wonders that the high God hath wrought toward me." (Daniel 4:2)

God is good . . . there's no doubt about it. He's constantly working on our behalf, showing Himself strong in our weakness, making provision for us when we are lacking, shining a light on our path when we are blinded. Our God never ceases to amaze us with His wisdom and grace!

As a wife and mother, nothing pleases me more than hearing my husband or children tell others about the special things I do for them or how much I mean to them, and I'm sure that fathers/husbands feel much the same way. But, how often do we tell others about the special things the Lord has done for us or just how much He means to us? He is the Lover of our Souls . . . He loves us with an everlasting love. His love cannot be matched, not even by the love of a spouse or children or a parent, yet we find it so hard to tell others what He really means to us.

Make a conscious decision today to speak of His wonders, tell of His love, and show His goodness through your testimony of His greatness! Faith will arise in your heart and the Lord will be glorified through your conversation.

1 Peter 1:15 says, "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation." What better way to be holy in all manner of conversation than to declare His works and tell of His wonders to the world.

Father, forgive me for not freely telling others of Your wondrous works in my life, of Your everlasting love for me, and of Your goodness and mercy. Lord, help me to open my mouth and show forth thy praises; help me to order my conversation aright by sharing Your love with the world. There is none like You, O Lord, in all the universe. You are worthy to be praised. Amen!

“Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people. For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.”
(Psalm 96:3-4)


© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: