Saturday, November 15, 2008

Morning Song by Yvonne Blake

One of the co-authors in our book, Women of Passions: Ordinary Women Serving an Extraordinary God, Yvonne Blake, sends out a daily "Morning Song". I can't tell you how these daily words from the old hymnals have blessed me. For instance, read today's "Morning Song" and, while reading, really meditate on the words and stop to think about what they say. Let these words be your prayer today:

Lord, speak to me that I may speak,
In living echoes of thy tone;
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy erring children, lost and lone.

O strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the rock and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand,
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.

O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
The hidden depths of many a heart.

O fill me with Thy fullness, Lord,
Until my very heart o'erflow
In kindling thought and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.*

I really encourage you to contact Yvonne and ask to be put on her mailing list. The "Morning Song" reflects the hearts of many powerful men and women of faith in years gone by, a rich heritage so often overlooked in today's modern church.

Yvonne can be reached at yvonblake@hotmail.com. Tell her I sent you and highly recommended her "Morning Song" to be included as part of your morning devotional time.

__________
© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

* "Lord, Speak to Me" by Frances Ridley Havergal
http://mybackdoorministry.blogspot.com

2 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

Yes, Jan. I receive these every morning, and they keep me singing all day long. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing them on!

Yvonne Blake said...

Thanks, Jan...for the commendation.

I didn't plan this ministry; God did. It started by sending a song to one friend who needed encouragement. She suggested I send them to others, and it has grown into something that only God could do.

I pray that these old hymns will bless those who need comfort and strength, that it will put a song in their heart each morning.

Vonnie