Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hope Breeds Praise

"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more." (Psalm 71:14)

Hope breeds praise! We are all facing situations which seem impossible . . . more now than ever before. But in the midst of each and every situation, there is hope regardless of how bad things seem. Hope because God's promises are true; He's never neglected or forgotten anyone in their time of need, regardless of what it looks like in the natural.

Hope and faith go hand-in-hand. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." When we apply faith to our hope, we find substance in the things we hope for. Perhaps the manifestation has not yet been realized, but it's almost as if we can reach out and grab it, it becomes that real. When we couple hope with faith, we will soon find ourselves full of praise to the One who works all things to our good.

Praise will increase our faith. Faith will give substance to our hope; the result will be more praise. As long as we continue to have hope, praise will spring forth from our innermost beings in response to God regardless of what we're facing, how bad it seems, how hopeless it appears.

Hope begets praise, praise begets faith, faith begets substance to our hope, and substantive hope begets praise! Now, praise increases. It's an automatic response to faith in God's ability to move in every situation.

As we find ourselves facing seemingly impossible situations and disappointments, think about this cycle. It will make way for the Lord to manifest Himself in every situation ultimately bringing Himself glory and honor.

Father, as I learn to turn my fears to hope, teach me to increase my hope and my faith through praise regardless what is going on in my life—in the world. Lord, You are worthy to be praised, so much more worthy than anyone or anything. I am learning, Father, so please be patient with me. Teach me how to please you in the midst of a trial so I can maintain a Godly attitude when it comes to challenges I face. Lord, I praise You . . . I praise You for what you have done in my life. But even more than that, I praise You for what You have done for me through the ultimate sacrifice of the Lamb of God, Your son, Jesus. You are the truly awesome One. You are worthy of ALL praise. Amen and Amen.

"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more." (Psalm 71:14)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: