Monday, March 2, 2009

Be Contagious

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2)

Fear is most likely the strongest emotion most people feel these days. With the economy, natural disasters, and any number of things happening, it's easy to understand why. But, as representatives of the kingdom of God, we must rid ourselves of any hint of fear in order to minister peace to those who don't have the assurance of salvation. Our hope is in Christ, not in what the natural world can afford.

The prophet Isaiah was so 'right-on' in his words to us: God, our Salvation, our source of trust (or faith) which dispels fear. What can man do to us if the Lord is for us? What can our enemies impose on us if our trust is anchored firmly in the salvation of our God? Understanding the depth of God's salvation, His love, His protection makes it easy to place our trust in Him and not live in fear regardless of what is happening in this world.

Let me encourage you to become contagious. Let faith rise up within your heart and carry it with you wherever you go, spreading trust and contentment and hope to all with whom you have contact. Like a dreaded flu bug passes so easily from one to another, spread faith as you go about your routine. When someone speaks of fear, share faith. When someone appears to be afraid or terrorized, spread that faith and trust which is firmly planted within your heart. Be a beacon in the darkness of this hour, allowing the light of God's salvation to shine through you brightly, drawing others to you as you share the Reason for the hope that is within you.

This is our duty, dear friends, in these times of uncertainty . . . to lead people to the Rock that is secure, a firm foundation that cannot be moved. With a failing economy, threats of terrorism, rumors of wars, and the uncertainty of tomorrow, let the Lord be your strength and your song . . . trusting, believing, and standing firm in faith that He alone is your salvation!

Father, the hearts of many are terrorized. But, O Lord, You alone are my Salvation, and in You do I put my trust. You, O Lord, are my strength and my song! I will sing for joy knowing that Your great salvation is the foundation of my faith, the anchor of my hope, and the strength I need to make it through each day. Use me Lord, open my mouth so I may speak forth Your Word, sharing the hope that is within me, and showing the world that in You there is no reason to fear. Lord, I love You and I trust You with my life . . . with my family's life . . . with my friends' lives. Father, You, O Lord, are my strength and my song . . . You, O Lord, are my Salvation. Amen and Amen!

"Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth." (Isaiah 12:5)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: