Sunday, March 22, 2009

Are YOU Ready?

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)


 

If you for just one moment close your eyes and imagine the glorious appearing of our Lord in the clouds; imagine hearing the sound of the trumpet; and in a flash, your "mortality" has put on "immortality" and you find yourself in the presence of the Bridegroom for whom you have been anxiously awaiting . . . in a split second . . . in the blink of an eye!

How can we describe this event we're anticipating? Glorious? Magnificent? Wonderful?

Ah, but what about those who are not prepared for His coming . . . to them this event will be filled with terror, fear, uncertainty, trouble.

Where do you stand today? Are you anxious or are you dreading this awesome Day? You can be sure of this . . . the Bridegroom, Yeshua, Jesus, is anxious to come get His bride and take her to His side to live, to love, to reign, forever!

He is nearly ready . . . how about you?


 

Lord, if there is anything in me that is not pleasing to You, please reveal it to me and cleanse me from all my unrighteousness. Father, I set my gaze upon You, my desire for You is ever-increasing and my love for You grows daily! I await your return with humble anticipation, knowing that in and of myself I have no way of being found "worthy", but the shed blood of the Lamb has made it possible for me. Thank you for the blood that cleanses so thoroughly and makes me ready to meet You in the air! Amen!


"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21:28)


 

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh, Jan, I am so ready. Come, Lord Jesus, come!