Thursday, August 7, 2008

Time-Transcending Knowledge

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."  (Isaiah 65:24)

What mortal mind can begin to comprehend the ways of our Lord? He has no bounds; there is no limit to His understanding and knowledge! There is no place He hasn't been or anything He hasn't considered! He knows all . . . past, present and future.

That's an interesting thought. He knows everything past, present and future. Some would want to attribute this type of time-transcending knowledge to those with "psychic powers", the enemy's counterfeit for the omniscience and omnipresence of the Most High God!

God is eternal, not bound by segments of time. God is omnipresent; He exists everywhere at all times, including in our past, in our present, and in our future! He's present in yesterday (He knew us personally before we were born). He's present in today (He has personal knowledge of or a personal relationship with us today). AND He's present in tomorrow (He's already there in our tomorrow as He is not constrained by time).

So, when the Lord says, "before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear" we know that He has already heard the call and seen the need before we even knew it existed. It's true! "Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." (Matthew 6:8)

Let faith arise in your hearts. There is no situation that can befall you of which He is not aware and in which He has not already intervened. He has eternity in the palm of His hands! Hallelujah!

Father, You are more wonderful and glorious and Your ways are so much higher and awesome than I had ever imagined. Lord, each day as I read Your Word and I meditate on You I see a greater depth of Who You are than I had ever seen before. Lord, thank You for loving me so much that You would make provision for my needs before I even realize I have them! You are truly amazing to me and Your love and provision is overwhelming and humbling. All I can say is, "Thank You, Lord!" Amen!

"But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me." (Psalm 66:19-20)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: