Thursday, August 14, 2008

Such Love and Power

"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139:9-10)

"Thy right hand shall hold me!" When I consider the hand of God holding me, I'm overwhelmed! Isaiah 41:10 gives us some direction for today's thought: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

The right hand of God! The place of power and strength and the seat of authority are seen in the right hand of God … the hand that holds you and me!

Colossians 3:1 gives us some more information which will bless you today as you consider that the right hand of God holds you: "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."

Romans 8:34 says, " … It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."

Jesus Christ, our Great High Priest, sits at the right hand of God interceding for us and His intercession holds us tight, keeping us from harm and danger, protecting us and shielding us! Our righteousness is found in His right hand! Our help is found in His right hand! Our strength is found in His right hand! And, it is His right hand that is clasped tightly around us, holding us close as the Great Intercessor stands between us and the Father pleading on our behalf continually!

Is there any doubt in your mind that God is able to keep you from falling? Is there any reason for insecurity and fear? Can you not see that God is very aware of every detail of your life? Oh, that we would all come to trust in that right hand that keeps us and holds us – the same hand that was nailed to a rugged cross, the same hand upon which you and I are engraved as we are ever before Him (Isaiah 49:16).

The right hand that holds us reigns as Sovereign over all! In the words of King David as he went in to the presence of the Lord and cried out with passion, "How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." (2 Samuel 7:22-23) Amen and Amen!

Father, when I think of Your right hand, I am overwhelmed that You would care for me with such love and such power! When I think of my Great High Priest at Your right hand interceding for me constantly, taking my prayers and needs and making You aware of them . . . I am overwhelmed! Your right hand, the seat of power and authority – the same hand that holds me and keeps me safe! Words cannot express my heart's response to the care and protection provided by Your right hand! I am humbled that You would care for me so intimately, I am honored to be Your child. Thank You, Lord . . . Thank You! In Jesus' precious name, by His powerful blood, and for His glory and His alone I pray, amen and amen!

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you . . . O great and powerful God, whose name is the LORD Almighty, great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; you reward everyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve." (Jeremiah 32:17-19)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: