Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Consider the Price

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."  (Matthew 18:11)

By nature, we are lost souls, just as a traveler is lost or out of his way. The purpose of Christ's advent on this earth was to save that which was lost, to bring us back into relationship with our Creator, to restore us, to reinstate us, and to put us on the right path to eternal life. His was a mission of reconciliation, of seeking out those who are lost and reconciling them to the Father. He laid down His life for us. He risked it all so we would have it all, an eternal inheritance (Ephesians 1:11).

If you would take but a few moments to consider what price was paid for our inheritance, the concept of total self-sacrifice – a glimpse of God's immeasurable love toward us can be seen. Paul's prayer in Ephesians 3:18-19 is that we "may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God."

Consider the greatness of His love today; you'll find yourself lost in its overwhelming greatness! We truly serve an awesome God. A holy God. The Most High God. There is none like Him!

Father, as I contemplate the love You have shown me by seeking me out to save me, I become overwhelmed with emotion. I realize that I couldn't deserve such a display of love, but am ever so grateful for your gift of salvation today and every day! I'm so glad you risked it all to save me from the path of destruction I was on. How can I ever thank you enough? Truly there are no words to express my gratitude. Amen!

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Beautifully expressed! Found your site while surfing CWO. :-)

Blessings ...