Sunday, August 3, 2008

God – THE Promise-Keeper

"For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise."
(Galatians 3:18)

God is a God of covenant; He is a God of promise!

The Word of God is full of promises made by God to His people. His provision for everything that pertains to life and godliness (see 2 Peter 1:3) is promised to us in His Word! What God says He will do – the promises He makes – is like a binding agreement … He cannot lie. When He says He will do something, you can count on it – it's done! "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." (2 Corinthians 1:20)

Faith gives us the ability to walk in or receive the inheritance that God has promised to us. Faith originated in what God said, not in anything else such as man-made creeds or doctrines. The bookstores are filled with self-help books describing ways to do nearly anything you can conceive! But the Word of God is the written testament of what God has said – what He has spoken into existence. The exercising of our faith will not only enable us receive all that He has provided for us, it's the ONLY way to walk in the fullness of His plans and purposes for us. Unlike all other books, the Word of God is alive and powerful; its message never fades or dims with age. It never outdates itself and it never becomes obsolete. The Word of God is as pertinent to believers today as it was the day it was written through divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

God's promises have not been done away with … they are a part of His promise to Abraham and His seed and that includes us! When you read the Word remember that it is personal to you, and your seed, and their seed … to all generations!

Father, thank you for reminding me that Your promises are still for us today. Teach me how to walk in faith to receive that which You have promised me. Open my eyes to learn what Your Word has to say to me personally! Help me to learn to rely on Your Word for my daily sustenance; may it become more important than my physical nourishment. Lord, I want to please you, I want to know You, I want to walk in the fullness of what You have provided for me . . . the inheritance which You promised to me, to my seed, and to my seed after me! In Jesus' Name . . . Amen!

The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be,
and as I have purposed, so it will stand."
(Isaiah 14:24)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: