Friday, July 3, 2009

Take Care!

"Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee." (Psalm 51:13)

A great deal of thought goes into what we wear each day, how we fix our hair, and how we work to make ourselves presentable to the public. This is good as we wouldn't want to draw attention to ourselves because of our lack of personal care. But, how much care do we put into our daily spiritual lives?

You don't have to be a great teacher, preacher, evangelist, etc. to lead sinners to the Lord. Your lifestyle alone should separate you from the world and cause a non-believer to notice a difference. This difference is your open door to share the message of God's great salvation with anyone who would be drawn to Him as you lift Him up in your daily life. Simply let the love of God shine through . . . sinners will notice, the Spirit will draw them, and the door will be open to share the good news.

So, when you're taking care of your physical appearance each day before leaving the house, take a few minutes to take care of your heart through time spent in the Word and in prayer. You'll be amazed just how careful attendance to this simple discipline will lead to teaching transgressors His way as sinners are converted.

Dear Lord, as I begin each day, help me to remember to take some time to prepare myself spiritually to meet the world. Lord, I pray that You would use me to help those who don't know You to find their way to You through my lifestyle, my attitudes, my countenance. Show forth Your glory through my life and let it shine on all with whom I come in contact. Then I will know that I have prepared myself to teach transgressors Your ways so sinners will be converted unto thee, amen!

"For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." (2 Corinthians 4:6)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: