Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Duties of Spiritual Worship

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker." (Psalm 95:6)

What an awesome call to worship.

So, today, with humble reverence, and a holy awe of Him, "Let us worship, and bow down, and kneel before Him." After all, it is those who have a keen awareness of what a merciful God we serve who find themselves dropping to their knees in pure awe of Him.

It is our duty to glorify Him with our outward expressions of reverence, seriousness, and humility, in the duties of true, spiritual worship. Don't allow the enemy to intimidate you in your worship . . . it doesn't matter who is watching, what others think, or even if it's acceptable in your church. The Bible is full of expressions of worship making it very obvious that God desires our worship; He looks for that outward expression of what He's doing in our hearts. He is looking for those who are not ashamed to bow down or stand up, those who would cry tears of joy or those who would be silent before Him. He's looking for worshippers who love Him more than life itself.

Take time today and every day to pay homage to the One who has provided a way whereby we can be reconciled to Him through the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ, our Sacrifice Lamb.

Worship Him . . . He is worthy.

As I give myself to You in heartfelt worship today, Lord, draw me into Your presence so I may sit at Your feet totally in awe of Your goodness and Your mercy toward me. May I never forget what You've done . . . but even more, may I never forget who You are. I worship You, Lord, with all my heart, with all my might, with all my strength. I worship You, Mighty God, for there is none like You, amen and amen.

"For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness." (Psalm 84:10)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Dee Yoder said...

Beautiful, Jan! I love the verses you quoted in this post. Thanks for helping to get my day started right. (: