Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Love so Perfect

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:16-19)

Love that surpasses knowledge.

It's very difficult to explain, but when you have loved your spouse for decades you experience what this means. When you love a child and do what you never dreamed you could do for another human being, you understand this phrase.

Sometimes the mere thought of the love God has toward us is more than overwhelming. Take some time today to consider just how greatly our God loves us.

Contemplate His faithfulness even when we're not so faithful. Consider the purity of His love and the promise He has made to us that His love will never fail. He deserves our love, worship, and sacrificial obedience.

Where else can we find a love so perfect and so complete? Who on earth can possibly love us like our God?

What will you offer Him today as your reasonable act of worship in response to His great and abundant and perfect love toward you?

Holy and incredible God, help me to comprehend the depth of Your love toward me and teach me to return that same love to You. Lord, forgive me when I fall, pick me up when I stumble, and restore me when I fail, teach me to show my love toward You in greater measure each new day. Father, my heart's desire is to know You in experience just as I know You in faith, that I might be more like You with each new day because of Your endless love toward me. Teach me to love as You have loved me . . . in Jesus' name, amen.

"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!" (Psalm 31:19)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: