Monday, October 12, 2009

Holy God

How can we live a holy life? That's one of the most asked questions. Everyone seems to what to know how to live "holy" but most are not willing to do what is necessary to be "holy"! But, yet, we are told to be holy even as He is holy.

Leviticus 20:26 says, "And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine."

Our God is a holy God! The word New Testament word "holy" is translated as purification or state of purity; the Old Testament word "holy" is translated as sanctity, sacred, hallowed, pure. Because our God is a holy God, those who are called by Him must also be holy.

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:17-18)

Take some time today and consider God's holiness; also consider what a holy life would look like, how your life would be different, and what you need to change to "be holy even as He is holy."

Father, I fall so short, missing the mark, and bring to You shame because I don't take Your holiness into account during my day-to-day activities. Father, forgive me! Thank You for the blood of Jesus that cleanses me and makes me whole. Give me the strength to walk in the fullness of Your holiness. Father, teach me, guide me, mold me, and make me after Your will, for Your glory! I love You and long to be pleasing to You in every way, my Lord and my God! In Jesus' name, amen!

"For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy." (Leviticus 11:45)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: