Thursday, October 23, 2008

Supper Time

"And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready."  (Luke 14:17)

"Come, for things are now ready." Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us ... that's a certainty!

We are now living in a time where now only is prophecy being fulfilled before our eyes, the table is being set for the greatest banquet imaginable.

Are your ears in tune with the Master's voice? Will you hear and respond when He says, "Come!" Or, will you be like those who were invited but found themselves too busy with things in this world and not able to set them aside to be with the King of all kings!

It is time to examine our hearts to make sure that our ties to this world are not so strong as to delay our response when we hear Him say, "Come, for all things are now ready!"

Father, I have examined my heart and found that there are many areas in which my ties to this world are stronger than my ties to You. Forgive me, Lord, for not giving you pre-eminence in all areas of my life. Help me shed the excess baggage that this world requires so I will be ready to leave when I hear your voice say, "Come!" Oh, how I long for that day! Amen!

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:51-52)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

" 'Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.' " (Matthew 5:6)