Friday, October 3, 2008

Pure Adoration

"O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens."   (Psalm 8:1)

The whole earth is full of His glory! The reflection of His glory can be seen in everything. His Name bears the perfection of excellence; His glory testifies of His holy estate; His handiwork is a display of His creative power. "Oh Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth!"

"Thou hast set thy glory above the heavens." The Lord God is infinitely more glorious and excellent than the noblest of creatures and those that shine most brightly. We on this earth only hear God's excellent name which in itself draws praise from the depths of our souls. The angels in the heavens see His glory and praise floods the throneroom, yet He is exalted far above even their blessing and praise! Our Lord Jesus sitting exalted at the right hand of God is the brightness of the Father's glory and the express image of His person. God set His glory above the heavens, far above all principalities and powers!

Praise Him today—not for what He's done but for who He is! He's not the "man upstairs" or the "big guy" or even "lordy, lordy"! Get a glimpse of the God we serve. He's no ordinary God! Our God is the one who set His glory above the heavens!

Oh Majestic Father, words cannot express your wondrous majesty. Who is man . . . who am I . . . that You are mindful of me? For without Your sovereign work in my heart, I could not attempt to approach Your holy throne or begin to perceive your glorious estate! Cleanse me, make me new, as you change me into the likeness of Your image. As I bow before You in pure adoration and worship, I cry, "Holy, Holy, Holy is my Lord God Almighty; the whole earth is full of Your glory." Amen!

"I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." (Psalm 9:1-2)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh, yes! May we seek His face and not His hands ...