Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Won’t Compromise

We are on the eve of the most evil days on our calendar. Sadly, most who read this will think I'm going a bit overboard. I'm not … I promise you!

This past Sunday, I had the privilege of presenting a sermon I entitled, Deliver Us From Evil, based on the phrase from the Lord's Prayer. It has occurred to me that most of us pray amiss when we pray those words, especially if we willingly participate in the evils of things such as Halloween. Yes … I said evil.

It is understandable that the "world" celebrates this day since they have no relationship with the Holy One of Israel. But, it is NOT understandable that Christians celebrate Halloween … not in any shape, form, or fashion. I found a quote that sums up what I'm trying to say and really puts the controversy into perspective: "For a Christian to celebrate Halloween is as bizarre as a Holocaust survivor celebrating Hitler's birthday." Stop a moment and re-read that. There's no difference.

Jesus shed His most precious, pure, spotless, and holy blood so we can be FREE from evil, FREE from the penalty of sin and death, FREE from the chains that bind us to the grave. Yet, so many in the Body of Christ willingly celebrate the "lord of death" every October.

Halloween isn't a cute, innocent excuse to have a party. It's not even a fun time to do something strange by dressing up and parading around the neighborhood with a bag expecting strangers to fill it up with candy. And, anyone who thinks so is blinded by the father of lies himself.

If you're a parent or grandparent, please … don't allow your children or grandchildren to participate in the "high holy day" of the occult world. Don't allow them to partner together with the archenemy of God and call it cute or innocent. Any celebration on this day is falling into the trap of the enemy—he lures us by making it fun and all about the kids.

I have put together what I've called an 'INTELLIGENCE BRIEFING' about the origin and the dangers of Halloween. Please feel free to download the pdf file, share it with others, pass it around to friends and family. Then, please … pray protection over your children and your grandchildren. Pray for their minds and hearts and souls to be protected from seeds of evil and lies and deception from taking root and growing in them. Take some time and do some research … become informed and stop allowing the enemy's tactics prevail.

Paul gives us the answer to the bombardments of evil being shot at us as firey darts by the enemy of our souls. Ephesians 6 gives us clear explanation about how to fight against the spiritual forces of darkness ruling this world. But the Armor of God is absolutely no good to us unless we put it on and use it. The 'INTELLIGENCE BRIEFING' covers this as well.

I pray this year, the eyes of many will be opened and the malicious deception of the enemy will be exposed. I pray that you, a blood-bought Christian, won't become another one of the multitudes of people who contribute over $2.4 Billion to the Halloween profiteers. The only two more popular reasons for partying on our calendar are New Years Eve and the Super Bowl.

Take a stand … make a determination in your heart and say with me, "I Won't Compromise!"

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Jan, this was excellent.

I had planned to write a post on this topic myself. May I include the link to your post? I'd love to refer people to the information that you have assimilated.

Thanks so much for your uncompromising stand!