Friday, October 26, 2007

My Friend


My heart is burdened tonight for a dear friend. She has cancer … again.

Although I haven't known her for more than about six months, she has become so near and dear to me. Our closeness just began near the end of summer with our walks around the reservoir. Neither one of us has the energy or stamina to walk very far, but we sure enjoyed our chats and time of open and honest sharing. That's what friends are for, aren't they?

I took dinner over to her house tonight. Her husband met me at the door…she wasn't up to getting out of bed. She had a chemo treatment on Monday and has been so wiped out since—she's been asleep since Tuesday with very little awake time.

Her husband and I chatted some tonight and she got up for a few minutes. My heart sunk. She looked so worn out and so tired, her face a little flushed, her hair much thinned, and moving in slow motion.

There is good news, however. The chemo seems to be working … PRAISE THE LORD! The doctor examined her before her treatment and was unable to find the most prominent mass. Because of that, he assumes the other areas are also responding to treatment. This is SUCH good news. And, we PRAISE GOD for His healing touch.


If you read this, would you pray for my friend? Pray that God would totally deliver her from the destructive effects of cancer and the chemical treatments needed to treat her. Pray that God would bring her through this with a powerful testimony, giving glory to God for total healing. Pray that she know God's presence is near and His strength is made perfect in her tremendous weakness.

Thanks for praying. I just love my friend so much ….

___________
© 2007 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: