Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Hard Decision

Most of us have been there at one time or another. Many are experiencing hardships now. The bills are due and there's not enough money; the children are sick, the car won't run, there's not enough groceries to feed the family, the garden didn't produce the yield expected, those that owe you money don't have it to pay back, the bank account is depleted, the utilities are about to be turned off, everything that could go wrong is going or has gone wrong.

At this point we have two choices. We can do as Job's wife advised and curse God and die, or we can keep our eyes fixed on our Provider and choose to rejoice in the Lord, and joy in the God of our salvation. It's a hard decision, but it is OUR decision nonetheless.

All too many people have fallen beneath their circumstances only to say that they can't take any more or they don't see any way out. What they're not seeing is the fact that God is our total care-giver. Our temporal circumstances have absolutely NOTHING to do with Who our God is. In that, we can rejoice in the Lord and joy in the God of our salvation. He is Lord whether we see Him working in our situations or not. He is Lord whether we feel it or not. The fact is He is Lord, period. There is none other AND He is all we need!

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation." (Habakkuk 3:17-18)

So, when the storms of life seem to overtake you, just remember He is LORD. Then, go on and rejoice in that knowledge. He knows our circumstances, He knows our weaknesses and our strengths; He knows US. Rejoice in the Lord and joy in the God of your salvation. He is worthy of ALL our praise.

Father, though life's circumstances would seem to overwhelm me, I choose this day to rejoice in You and take joy in the God of my salvation. The things of this earth fall into perspective when I remember Who you are and Whom I serve; help me to remember these things. Finally, Lord, I rejoice in what You have done, in what You mean to me, in what You have accomplished on my behalf. Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You and not my circumstances. Circumstances are a lie...You are the only TRUTH I need, amen!


"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." (Psalm 42:11)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: