Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Psalmist Makes a Point

"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee." (Psalm 143:8)

There are so many lessons for us to learn in the Psalms. The psalmists, whether David or others, are very open about their real life situations as well as their dependence upon the Lord for strength, support, guidance, comfort, etc.

In today's verse, the psalmist makes a point of daily submitting his will to the Lord and declaring his trust in the Lord for that day. But not only is he praying asking for God's guidance, he is letting us know that God speaks to him daily as well. "Let me hear thy lovingkindness in the morning" indicates there's a relationship, a two-way conversation occurring every morning when he arises.

Intimacy is a part of our relationship with the Lord; but it cannot be a one-way street. There has to be two-way communication. That small, still voice which speaks to our innermost man. Talk to the Lord. Listen intently as He allows you to hear his "lovingkindness" in the morning and anytime when you pray!

Don't be in such a rush that you forget to "be still" and hear the voice of your Shepherd leading you step by step, day by day, causing you to know the path wherein you should walk.

Father, "Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee." Lord, I am depending upon You to lead me, guide me, and show me how to walk today. I pray that my heart be attentive to that small, still voice of Your Spirit which speaks as I learn to be still in Your presence. I love You, Lord, for Your mercies are new every morning, amen.

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name." (Psalm 63:1-4)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: