Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 26 – Colossians 3:15

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

One way to true peace . . . thankfulness! To be truly thankful, we have to acknowledge the Source of every good thing! To acknowledge the Source of every good thing, we have to realize that we have nothing . . . that we are nothing . . . that we can do nothing . . . in and of ourselves! True thankfulness realizes that we have not earned His blessings, but rather that He lovingly chose to bestow them upon us . . . an outpouring of His grace!

Thankfulness comes from a heart of gratitude . . . adorned with humility! True thankfulness will change us . . . transform us . . . renew us into His likeness!

God designed the act of thanksgiving so we could show how much we love and appreciate Him for all He has done. But there is a higher calling . . . being thankful for the things for which we are standing in faith believing! Hebrews describes faith as the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.

Are there things you are thankful for which you don't yet see? Don't be dismayed when your prayer isn't answered immediately . . . look at it as an opportunity to take a step upward to a higher level of intimate communion through faith in Him who answers our prayers and provides our needs . . . in His time!

Be thankful . . . today and every day . . . and the peace of God will rule in your heart!

Father, I am thankful for all You have done as well as for all You will do for me. I realize that all that I have has come from You, not because I deserve it, but because of Your grace extended toward me. Why You should bless me so, I'll never truly know, but I am so thankful! Father, help my faith grow as I stand in faith for those things which I do not yet see . . . and let Your peace rule in my heart as I learn to live a life of thankfulness unto You! You truly are awesome . . . there is none like You! Amen!

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." (Psalm 100:4-5)

© 2008 Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: