Monday, May 18, 2009

Without Reservation

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)

The Psalmist, through the picturesque words penned at a time when he was awesomely aware of God's presence, was probably speaking about the 'hill' on which the temple was built, Mount Moriah. When he was at a distance, he would look toward the sanctuary, knowing that from his help came, from the secret of his tabernacle. He knew his help and strength came from the Lord . . . he had no doubt.

We must all encourage our confidence in God with the fact that He made heaven and earth, and He who did that can do anything. He made the world out of nothing, and by a mere spoken word the world was created.

Regardless of your situation today, a mere word spoken into your circumstance can and will make a way where there seems to be no way. Not only is He our Waymaker, He's the source of our strength, He's the strength of our life, He's holy, wonderful, marvelous, glorious, magnificent and righteous, and mighty!

Lord, my circumstances at times seem to overwhelm me and I fall short. I worry, fret, and allow fear to take hold in my heart. Father, help me remember that You ARE the strength of my life. You ARE the source of my strength. Help me hold onto your unchanging hand as we, You and I, walk through these next days together. Lord, I lift my heart to You in total praise. There is nothing too difficult for You, and that's why I can say without reservation, "My help comes from the Lord!" Amen.

"Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places." (Deuteronomy 33:29)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: