Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Fear!

"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil." (Proverbs 16:6)

Have you ever wondered why there seems to be so much evil in the world today? According to today's verse, it could be that the answer is simple: There is no fear of the Lord.

The "fear of God" referred to here indicates much more than reverential awe and respect. The Psalmist tells us in Psalm 25:14 that we can't receive the full revelation of God's covenant until his fear is deeply rooted in us: "The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant". This verse connects an understanding of the covenant with the fear of God. In short, all revelation is tied to his holy fear.

Mankind cannot truly "fear" God until they know Him and His nature. Because this age we live in is so self-centered, self-sufficient, and self-serving, few are found that truly set their heart to KNOW God as He reveals Himself to us in His Word.

Is your heart set to KNOW God? Do you long to know and understand His covenants? Is your desire for Him stronger than your desire for anything this world can offer? These are imperative to truly say that you "fear God" and have departed from evil.

Separation . . . Consecration . . . Desire. These three things will open the door to an ever-increasing revelation of Who He Is.

Seek Him . . . Serve Him . . . Love Him! He's worthy.

Father, my desire for You is growing day by day as I spend time with You in a loving relationship with You. Lord help me to further consecrate my life for Your use. Lord, teach me your Word; teach me Your ways, help me to understand the depth of Your love shown through Your covenants, your promises, your Word. I am like a child eager to learn from You. Teach me, Father, till this world has no more hold on me and I am totally Yours in every way. Father I love you with my whole heart. Amen.

"Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." (Psalm 25:4-5)

© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved

No comments: